10 Design Steps to a Beautiful Beach inspired Bathroom!
Where do you look for inspiration if you like to update your Interior design or Bathroom Design "Coastal Style"?
If you are living in the Vancouver area you don't need to look too far if you are longing for a feeling of relaxation like being on vacation in a West Coast Cottage at the Sea?
This was exactly the dream our North Vancouver customer had for her small basement bathroom renovation. Quite a challenge wouldn't you think so too?
After the initial meeting, where we took measurements and discussed the family needs for this bathroom we took on the interior design challenge for this bathroom design.
We collected our ideas snapping a few photographs of the west coast beaches as guidance for our bathroom design and colour theme. Then we collected material samples and fixtures resembling the elements of beach, water and sky.
Our customer fell in love at first sight as we presented the material samples, colour theme and the new layout for her bathroom renovation.
The new layout design opened up the bathroom as we opted for a custom walk-in shower with frameless glass instead of the small bathtub, as well as wall mounted fixtures and recessed cabinets. Here are the 10 main design features.
1) Beige Tones for sand and pebble stone
2) Blue Tones for water and sky
3) White Tones for clouds and shells
4) Custom walk-in shower with a frameless glass panel and door, which also has an integrated towel bar.
5) Real Pebble Stone floor, looks like the beach but also has a good grip for little feet :)
6) Painted wall tiles, brush pattern and layout is horizontal to widen the area optically. A recessed tiled shower shelf integrates with the flow. Sand shade coloured big floor tiles and a glass mosaic border and mini backsplash which ties the cloud/shell white tones, beige/sand tones, beige/brown pebble tones and sky/water blue tones together.
7) Grohe thermostat valves and a Rain Maker as the main shower as well a hand shower with flexible hose for young kids and cleaning.
8) White wall mounted rounded American Standard basin, with integrated towel rail. A unique shape inspired by seashells and clouds.
9) White wall mounted Duravit toilet and white high gloss recessed cabinet above providing stylish, space-saving storage.
10) We also installed warm toned recessed LED lighting to bring in the sun and installed in-floor heating to resemble the warm sand.
If you would like our advice for creating your dream bathroom or kitchen or tackling any interior design or storage challenge for your home within the Vancouver area just click the button below to contact us.